Thursday 4 December 2014

Platts

French plats
Step by step
·         I Sectioned the top piece of my hair then start of as if I was  doing an ordinary three strand plat
·         I Kept the strands of hair separate but then swapped them over to the other side
·         I Started taking smaller strands of hair and take it over to the other side
·         Then I took the strand of hair I just added and took it over to the middle do the same to the other side
·         I then took the left over strands of hair and brought them to the middle making sure I was pulling the hair tightly so the plat was more secure

·         I kept repeating the process until it went to a basic plat then secured with a hair tie. 
I  I found this technique quite hard and it took awhile for me to get the grasp of it but in the end I knew how to do it. When I do this look again the things I will take into consideration are the size of my sections to make it appear more even and I will make sure its more center as my outcome looks quite slanted  although I'm pleased with the outcome as I've never attempted a French platt before.



                                                                    Fish tail platts

            Step by step
·         First I tied my models hair into a side pony tail
·         Sectioned the pony tail into two parts
·         I then pulled one section of hair from one of the two parts over to the other side and then did the same to the other side
·         Then I kept over lapping hair from the other sides adding more strands as I went on
·         I kept that process going until I had no hair left then tied with a hair tie.

At first I found this technique tricky but after trying it again and again and not over thinking I succeeded in creating a fish tail platt which I a pleased with the results. Things that I would take into consideration while doing this again is to take the same sized sections of hair to make it more symmetrical and to also tighten my grip while doing it so it looks tighter and neater.                                            
             Fish tale platts have also become modern and fashionable with some of the most iconic trend setting famous people wearing them.
I especially love Rihannas version as the red hair sends it back to the Elizabethan era although its a vibrant red which isnt a natural colour I feel it adds more effect to the modern aspect of it all, http://style.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/fishtail-braids.jpg
                                                           Adding ribbon
                                                               
  While creating the fish tail like I did for the step by step on the previous piece of paper you do the same process but adding the piece of ribbon as you go along threading it throughout the hair crossing them over. I found this quite difficult to manage although I feel it is effective

No comments:

Post a Comment