Friday 5 December 2014

Three design ideas

Things that I had to take into consideration while doing my designs were;

  • my hair length as its short I wouldn't be able to do certain looks
  • my partners ability
  • If its possible to create during the time given. 


Design idea number 1
 for this I was thinking about creating a padded round shape for the front with plats coming front the front going over the padded hair and leading off into the back I wanted to do a three strand platt look at the front but after alot of consideration I feel that I can expand and create a more interesting and exciting look for my final design although I still do like the idea of this design

Design idea number 2
For this design idea I was thinking of a heart shaped front with a hair accessory in the center of the head with frizzed out hair I do like the idea of this design although I feel the hair accessory brings it more modern I still feel its slightly too elizabethan and I want my final design to incorporate both with out it being too obvious.







Design number 3
                                                       
                                                        This is my favorite design of all as I feel its the most exciting and has most potential Its not cliche' Elizabethan I feel this design would be worn if Elizabethans were alive in this generation. I want to create a sort of mowhawk look with a french braid going down each side of the head to emphasize the height of the mow hawk I want it to be crimped to create texture, volume and to give it the Elizabethan feel too it. After it being crimped I want it brushed out so it goes slightly frizzy and then back combed to make it stand tall.








Inspiration for my design

Chanel hair by Sam McKnight I was really inspired by Chanels catwalk by the hair stylist Sam McKnight who I feel created a breathe taking look. As you can see the inspiration that has been taken from Elizabeth from the hair colour to the crimped front of hair then the braiding and the angle its at makes it more modern so does the hair accessories. The models pale complextion gives off more of a Elizabethan feel.
http://origin-fashion.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/news-features/TMG9723421/Hair-Royal-Highness-at-Chanel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment